If you’re reading this article, may be you’ve already a blog or you’re going to enter in the blogging world. Do you know –
Starting a blog is not sufficient enough, main aim is take it out into long run and make money through it that’s really difficult task. Sorry, I’m straight forward blogger and don’t want to keep you in any dark to say anything to only make you happy. Continue with this guide that will help you to make money online:
Attention beginners! Avoid Common mistakes:
In starting most of the beginners get inspired from lots of successful blog without taking into consideration, they already log time veteran and have done lot of work to make it successful. I don’t want put you off but you should aware from reality and take care of some points that I described below:
1. Choose niche you’re passionate about with some knowledge:
Blogger is not only writer, he/she is also a problem solver or you can say expert of topic about which have a blog. If people read your post then they expect you’re able to solve their problem, because really it’s your responsibility. I want to recommend you choose topic you’ve some expertise and never feel bored in future to know about more. It may be photography, fashion, security, engineering, and other more articles people love to know and have Lil bit knowledge.
- Don’t haste, come up with proper planning:
Don’t fall on “start your blog within 10 min. or 15 min”. Blogging is long-term strategy. Don’t be impulsive and take time to plan everything because no shortcut will help you where already successful blog of your niche. I am going to show, what necessary things should be in your list:
- Domain name with privacy: Do you already have topic on which you’re going to start blog? If no then first of all decide it or if yes, continue with searching domain name. Domain name is identity of your business so try to make simple that can easily memorable. Click below to get more information about domain name:
- Web Hosting: If you want to earn passive income via blogging don’t choose free hosting or don’t choose hosting from anywhere. Do research and invest money, only pickup host company that can provide you 24 hours customer support . For this you can see the customer review of various hosting company. I would like to recommend you
- Rest things: Most of beginners read many blogs and overwhelmed they need all things to go start. No, all rest things are optional such as premium themes, premium plugins, ad services, and other so more.
2. Set up your blog:
Now you’re on the way of building your own blog
. If you’re taken WordPress hosting then hosting company install WordPress software for you. But if you‘re purchased VPS hosting then you have to install WordPress that’s not a difficult task. Yes, you can take help from online guide or from expert, and your techie friend. For more help, I’ll be there.
Choose a theme that makes your blog professional. In beginning you can pick free theme from WordPress store, when your blog get monetized you can upgrade to premium one. Before set any theme checks some initial things in your theme:
- Is your theme mobile compatible?
- Is your theme suits to your niche?
- Is theme easy to customize ?
In beginning, don’t fall on complication just try to be simple. You can change your theme any time later. But if you’re still overwhelmed, I give you some themes marketplace where you could get premium responsive themes in your budget:
3. Install plugins:
In starting, you don’t need much more plugins
. Just some important plugins is sufficient to run your website with efficient way. I suggested some useful plugins:
- Jetpack by wordpress.com
- WordPress SEO by yoast
- Contact form 7
- Google XML sitemap (It’s optional because yoast already provide XML sitemap)
- SEO friendly images
- WP smush.it
- Addtoany(For sharing your content and website)
Above are basic plugins, except these many more plugins are available in WordPress store but you don’t need all .
For beginners tips– Any single wrong coded plugin may ruin your blog so be careful.
4. Set Google analytics account:
Google analytics is a tool that provides complete report of your blog including count of visitors, they’re belonging from where, How many returning visitors, How much time they spent on your blog
, and other necessary information. It also tells you where you need improvement on your site.
5. Add logo and initial informative pages:
Create logo that’s represent your blog by a single icon. If you launch your app in future, it will work as your app icon. There are available some online logo maker software
. It will help you to create your own but if you feel difficulty, you can take help from the logo expert by paying some cost.
How to add logo to your site?
- Login your dashboard
- Click on Customize underAppearance
- Here you’ll see site identityoption, click on it
- Finally, here you can add logo and site tagline.
Before start content writing, you need to create pages like as:
About – where you give information what type of information and service you’re provided to your visitors,
Contact– This page contains contact form through which your visitors will contact you.
6. Take mobile friendly test of your blog:
Before adding content, you should take mobile friendly test. Through this test you’ll make sure your site is mobile compatible or not.
On 21 April 2015 Google releasedMobilegeddon update
. According this update, your site will excluded from Mobile Google search engine ranking if it fails in mobile friendly test.
For more detail click below:
7. Add content:
After completing above process, you’re ready to add informational content on your site. In beginning, it’s obvious you may confuse what informational point should be added in your article. Don’t worry I’ve solution, Visit top sites related to your niche that have more visitor with high-ranking on SERPs .Here read articles that matched from your topic . This is useful to get idea to starting your content. After writing 15-16 post you’ll be feel comfortable with your post.
How to publish your first Post, page, and add media?
- login your Dashboard
- For publish posts– Click onAdd new under Post
- For publish pages- Click onAdd new under Pages
- For Add media(Audio, Video, Images)– Click onAdd new under Media
8. Don’t try to copy paste others work:
This may be the common mistake with beginners. Put your own personality on your blog not others. If readers search any topic, it’s obvious they visit 5-6 sites, nothing is shameful than it if you’re caught up by them. You’re writer, Gather important information and write your own content. Really after writing 3-4 post you’ll be enjoy your writing.
9. Key point of writing post:
In starting I was write only 200-300 words with difficulties because I had no idea what type of information should I provided. But with time got experience now I’m able to write continuously 1000 word per day. Just only think your visitors don’t have any idea about topic and you’re teacher, who is giving all information in-depth. I provided some keys that will help you to write useful content:
- Add informational content that makes your site different from your competitors and alternative sites.
- Don’t use more complicated words. Try to make simple sentences that can easily understandable by people worldwide.
- Try to add information that not covered by other blogger.
- Provide very basic information related to your niche.
You need to drudgery to stand out your personality from crowd .Because there’re already many successful blog in internet world. But if you’re conscious about your writing and other part of blogging, definitely you can do it.
10. Start to Building email list and marketing of your blog to boost your traffic:
After completing above process, you have to interact with veteran bloggers through social sites twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other platforms. Because they have already loyal visitor following that will help you to drive traffic to your site and subscribers. Don’t skimp to build email list and inform to your subscriber when publish new post because if readers interested in your writing and content they want to visit again.
Social media is better medium to outreach the maximum audience belonging to different region that will help you to spread your post around the world. It may be scary for introvert bloggers but enjoy because it’s all about making new friends. The best way of aware people about your blog is word of mouth through because it’s more effective and free of cost. Just simple rule follow here “You help them and they will help you back”.
You can also market your blog to stumble upon through paid advertisement program on Facebook, Twitter, or become a Google adviser and other ad service.