Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka is one name that has lingered in the media even as Nigeria continues to experience a “political storm”.
Fr Mbaka has a long stranding relationship with President Buhari
The reason the charismatic Catholic cleric has remained in the news every now then is not unrelated to his controversial prophecy that ex-President Goodluck Jonathan would be swept away by the wind of change in the last presidential election.
Below are five major controversial revelations made by Father Mbaka with regards to Nigeria’s politics
1. “I did not beg Jonathan for an oil well”
Father Mbaka disclosing that he had nothing to regret over his 2015 prophesy of change, where he had predicted that former President Goodluck Jonathan would be defeated in the presidential election.
Mbaka equally dismissed as baseless the claims that he fell apart with Jonathan over the latter’s refusal of his request for an oil well
2. “From Goodluck to Badluck”
3. “There is no kobo of Mrs. Jonathan or Jonathan in my hand; the Holy Spirit rejected all of them.”
4. “Many people are planning to kill Buhari; there are many plans on how to eliminate his life so that corruption will continue”
5. “Jonathan has ruled for six years. We need change. NEPA is not working because of corruption.”
6. “I know we are going to suffer between now and a few months to come. I am going to suffer and suffer. I know that.”
7. “His health was in a bad shape and he was asking that (Fr Mbaka) should pray for him. None among the people I have called picked my calls.”